This recipe is very simple and takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. I like how basic the batter is that I could pair it with any fillings, whether is sweet or savoury!
1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lots of different kinds of berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and boysenberries.
- Nutella spread
- Sauce: Cook frozen mixed berries (blueberries and raspberries) in a saucepan till they are softened, add 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, and 2 tablespoons of Rye whiskey, juice of half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- The secret of a smooth crepe batter is to leave the milk and eggs at room temperature before whisking the eggs and mixing the milk together.
- If you like the crepes a bit more ‘buttery’ taste, use 1 cup of whole milk and 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Using a crepe pan, cook the crepe for about 1 minute each side, until lightly brown.
- Spread a thin layer of the Nutella, arrange fresh berries and fold the crepe into a cone shape pocket.
- Drizzle the mixed berry sauce and serve with a scoop of icecream.